8th December 2015 Franklin Green Franklin Green, born in 1895, was the adopted son of Mr and Mrs Parkinson of 16b Austin Street. He was 16 in 1911 and worked as an errand boy for Young’s grocers in St John’s Street. He enlisted on the day the Drill Hall opened, joining the 4th Battalion of the Lincolnshire Regiment. He lost his life during the Battle of the Hohenzollern Redoubt during the Battle for Loos when over 3,000 soldiers were killed on October 13th 1915. He is remembered on the Stamford town memorial and the Loos memorial, 750 men of the 4th Lincolnshires went into battle and only 200 returned.